5/30/2012

1/2 Prince

Name: 1/2 Prince
Author: Yu Wo
Artist: Choi Hong Chong
Genre: Action, Adventure, Comedy, Fantasy, Gender Bender, Romance, Sci-fi, Shoujo, Shonen
Released: 2004


Plot:
It's a year 2100 A.D. and Feng Lan makes a bet with his twin brother of playing a reality virtual game "Second Life". The girl steppes into an interactive game and decides to play as a male character with nickname 'Prince'. Reason for that was to bet to not to use her feminine side to survive in the game. But because the game is full of enemies like wolfs she needs to unite with other players she meets in the game. Will Feng Lan survive in this cruel and realistic game?

Character:
Feng Lan/Prince ~ She's a strong willed and a little guyish girl who wants to show his brother the female power. In reality she has brown hair but in the game, where she's a boy, she's an elf, her ears are pointed and her hair is blond. Many girls in the game seems to be attracted to her good looks.

And there's many other character who I decided to left off because there'd be too many to tell about.

Why I recommend this one?
I fell in love with this serie right away! I think it's a Chinese Manhua because of the names (not so sure) but I was quite surprised how good this was. Before this I had only heard bad things about Chinese manga. So don't always believe the rumors. The idea of this serie is brilliand and distinctive. The game they're in is like some kind of fantasy world with mythical creatures mixed with modern game world. To tell the truth I felt like joining them myself but then again I wouldn't be so sure if I'd be able to stop the game. Maybe I'd be too attracted to it. So now I had an idea: What if the main character doesn't want to quit the game because of all those friends and comrades she has met this far. This makes me going trought all the pages like crazy and holding anxiety to know what happenes next.
And we can't forget humor! This serie is full of it and I just love the way the author has expressed it. There's so many reasons to read this one.

WARNING! Even though this MMV doesn't contain that much spoilers, you should still watch it carefully. 
I thought this was one amazing video of this serie so try watching this. You'll see how amazing the art of this is. 

Sorry for my English everyone. You know that that English is not my native language. Not even the second one. But I'm giving my best with these presentations. Thanks for you attention everyone <3

No comments:

Post a Comment